Advanced Family Mediation Training
A 3-day Skill-building course in mediating conflicts between separated & divorcing couples
- Handling emotionally volatile situations
- Helping parents prioritize children’s needs
- Techniques for assisting in creating & modifying mutually agreeable parenting plans
- Techniques for difficult family cases
- Advanced Communication Strategies
- Dissolution process
- Asset & debt division
- Effects of divorce on children
- Power, control, and domestic violence
- Cycle of emotion associated with grief
- Mediation process specific to families
2018 Family Mediation Training:
April 11-13, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Course fee: $350, $300 for those registered by March 10, 2018 ($100 deposit needed to register)
CLE Credits available for an additional $50
Prerequisite: 36-40 hours of Professional Mediation Training
Course Instructor: Deborah Forgays, PhD. Deborah has a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Vermont and is currently a Professor in Psychology at Western Washington University. Her teaching and research have focused on issues important to children, adolescents and families. She obtained her community and family mediation certifications through the Whatcom Dispute Resolution Center in Bellingham.
Additional instructors include: Moonwater, WDRC Executive Director, Leon F. Henley, Jr., Whatcom County Superior Court Commissioner, and WDRC family mediators.